eDesk & eDesk HD
The eDesk is a stylish, lightweight, affordable electric desk available in two widths. The eDesk HD uses a heavy-duty frame for larger gear loads, also available in 2 widths. Both adjust from sitting to standing position at the touch of a button.
Why Electric Height Adjustable Work Surfaces (EHAWS) Make For Good Business
Cornell University›s Human Factors and Ergonomic Research Laboratory carefully studied the role that EHAWS play in musculoskeletal discomfort and productivity in the work environment. According to this and other cited studies:
• Results show significant decreases in the severity of musculoskeletal discomfort for most upper body regions.
• Alternating between sitting and standing at work benefits health and productivity.
• There is significantly less spinal shrinkage for people who stand for portions of the day.
• Body part discomfort decreases an average of 62 percent and the occurrence of injuries and illnesses decrease by more than half.
• People take shorter and fewer breaks when using sit to stand desks.
• Adjustable desks allow companies to easily fit the workspace to people of different heights and body types as well and those with disabilities and back problems.
• EHAWS are beneficial for hoteling, which is the practice of providing desk space to employees on an as-needed basis. This reduces the amount of physical space that an enterprise needs, lowering overhead cost while ensuring that every person can access desk resources when necessary.
• Employers investing in electric sit-stand desks are realizing great advantages. Employees that are happier, healthier and more productive translates into cost savings and an improved working environment.
"The staff at Ominrax thoroughly analyzed my work movements, office dimensions, computer equipment, lines of site toward my monitors and body-to-keyboard geometry. Detailed CAD models were presented to show various desk options and monitor configurations
The end results have been a daily joy. I spend several hours each day standing at my customized eDesk with my keyboard and monitors in perfect alignment. At lunch time, I lower my desk so that I may sit, eat and work. In the late afternoon, I raise my desk to finish the workday standing. My raised work surface allows for improved vacuuming and cleaning of my office.
Being able to stand or sit during the workday has resulted in an increase in my productively. Purchasing an adjustable desk from Ominrax has been a sound investment in both my health and ability to serve my clients."
- Steven A. Nielsen, Registered Patent Attorney, Marin, CA